Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another Week

Greetings to everyone from Akron, OH. Jen and I are here checking out the law school at the University of Akron. My dad has made quite a bit of progress this week. He has been moved to the IMAC, or intermediate care unit, and all of his chest tubes have been removed. In about 7 - 10 days he will need to be moved to a "Long Term Acute Care Facility" where they will continue to wean him off of his ventilator and help him with his physical and occupational therapy.

He is still having difficulties with anxiety and so for the time being he has asked for no visitors except for his wife and children. The doctors are continuing to treat it with medication and we're hoping that it will subside soon. We'll let you know as soon as he is ready to receive other visitors. His hematocrit is still dropping on a regular basis as well, so he has to continue receiving a couple units of blood or platelets every day or two. The doctors still can't figure out what is causing it, but are working diligently to try and do so.

Thank you to Aunt Jill and Enrique for staying with Dad during the days this week. Mom is still too sick to visit, which is really hard for both of them. Thank you to everyone else for your continued support and prayers.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad to hear that he is still progressing. That is such good news. Thanks for the updates.

Janet said...

love and prayers to all of you.
janet
xo

Anonymous said...

You may not really know who I am, but I want to share how encourageing this is to me. I worked with Jim in Urology and he touched my life in a valuable way. Although I am not LDS, I had strayed from my church. His faith has encouraged me to keep my faith and continue on the road with Jesus. I want to thank him for that. Without him I would neverhave turned back to my faith.

Benita said...

Hey Clint,
That is so exciting about looking at law schools! We wish you & Jen the very best with that & all that the future holds instore for you guys. Even when you are away you still manage to keep us updated on your sweet dad. Thank you for doing so. We are all so thrilled that he is progressing so well. He truly is a miracle for all to see & witness. Forward he goes! How thankful we all are for Heavenly Father's tender mercies & for our answered prayers.
We love you all,
Benita & Don Harline & family
Bill & Aggie Chitty

Wendy Macey said...

Jim, Patty and Family,

You all continue to inspire everyone to reach a little higher each day. Please let me know how I can help. We all miss you.
Thanks for the updates.
Wendy

Pam Smith said...

Thanks for the updates. We are always so anxious to know how Jim is doing and appreciate your efforts to keep all of us informed. Hope Patty gets feeling better soon. Jim has been an inspiration to us. He continues in our prayers. Wasn't Conference amazing about enduring challenges and giving so much hope in these trying times. We didn't know you were going to law school. Our son in law is an attorney (honest, kind, full of integrity type) You can help him give attorneys a GOOD name! Good luck to you. Pam & Dick, Uncle Jerry & Aunt Ruth