Thursday, June 5, 2008

Graduation Day

Finally, I am finished with my radiation treatments. Five weeks of traveling to the Huntsman Cancer Hospital, every week day. I find no noticeable change in the tumor except that it is tenter to the touch. My skin is redish looking, like a sunburn on the front and back and that is mildly irritating. My spinal lesion was irradiated as well and I have noticed that on some days, it is quite uncomfortable, but it does respond well to ibuprofen.

When I completed treatment today, they presented me with a "graduation certificate" and a wonderful quilt made and donated by volunteers at the hospital. It was a little humbling! What a wonderful gesture and to have everyone on the staff there wish me well. Amazing. Pictures are below.

On Monday, the 9th, I am scheduled for CT and MRI studies. After those are completed, we meet with Dr. Randall the surgeon to discuss surgery. That is the next step in this slow process.

Overall, I am feeling pretty good. No major complaints. Anxious to get on with it.

Once again, thanks to you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. They are so much appreciated.

Jim

4 comments:

Tom said...

Congrats on completing this treatment! Nice quilt! We so thankful that you post updates. You are such an example of strength to us. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

Amber and Jon said...

Congratulations! I hope things continue to improve from this point. I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.
Amber (Foy) Poyer

Charlene said...

Respectfully, I do not think I would like to "earn" the quilt in the way you did, Jim!! It IS gorgeous and I lovingly thought of both you and AFPPA's Renee' for her appreciation of such things needlepoint. And you KNOW I adore equines..

Speaking of needlepoint, I hope phlebotomies, IVs, ports and hospital stays are soon happily completed for you, dear Jim!!

"My life is but a weaving between my God and me.."

Barb said...

You continue to be a master, teaching us all skills for the challenging detours in life. Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing journey and allowing us the gift to walk along side you from a distance. Your persistant bright attitude and perspective are inspirational.