Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Night

My mom said that she felt today was the best day Dad has had since this hospital stay started 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. For example, he currently has no IV drips going – it's absolutely unbelievable. His kidneys also started working on their own a little bit today, which I don't think anyone expected, and he is no longer on 24/7 dialysis. Tomorrow he will be started on standard dialysis, which lasts about 4 - 5 hours per day. The standard dialysis will begin to take a lot more fluid out of his system, which should help his lungs to start working better.

Uncle Derek, thank you for volunteering for Saturday night, I really appreciate it. All the numbers I have for you are disconnected, so I hope you read this :-). Thanks to Enrique as well, he is going to stay tomorrow night. My wife is very excited to have me home for two nights!

Dad still has a long way to go, but things are definitely looking up.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

What an incredible turn around from last weekend.

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled with the good news. We've been worried about Jim but know the Lord is aware of his needs. Wish we were close enough to help. Love, Pam, Dick, Ruth & Uncle Jerry.

Anonymous said...

I think of Jim and his family often. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Kristie Wengreen-Watson