Friday, July 11, 2008

Post Op Recovery

Good morning everyone. It is Friday, two days since my surgery. I am still in the hospital, slowly improving and feeling a little better each day.

Yesterday, I was quite tired after a very restless night. Frequent checking by the nurses kept Patti and I up a lot of that night. Pain management wasn't very good initially. I had an IV pump with narcotics in it. All I had to do was push a button and it would give me some medication. The problem was that the medication made me feel groggy and weird and wasn't very effective at pain control. Fortunately, I was able to switch to Lortab, an oral pain medication and my pain control has been much better since.

I spiked a little fever for a couple of hours last evening, but that seems to have resolved now. The wound is still draining into the collection bulb, but much less today than it was yesterday. All in all, I can't complain. I'm feeling pretty good, just sore if I bump or move suddenly.

I've had some visitors and phone calls which I appreciate. Thank you.

I probably won't post anything again until I am home in the next few days. I haven't heard yet when that will be. Just waiting for now.

God bless you all!

Jim

4 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Jim,

I am glad to hear that everything went well. You are in my prayers. Take Care.

-Kaylynn-

Anonymous said...

Dear Jim:
We pray for the strength of healing for you and your family. You have continued to inspire many with your, "On with my Mission," attitude. As I flash back, to 2000, I am humbly thankful for each day and hour that I have survived.
Love and prayerful support, Bill & Aggie, and Don & Benita family

Anonymous said...

Jim,
We were so happy to here the surgery went well and you are get better each day. We continue to pray for you and your family. Take care and stay strong.

The Mortensen Family

Deborah Kay Burt, M.ED.,ET/P. said...

July 13th, 2008

Dear Jim,

We the Burts (Florence and Deborah) are praying for you and your family. We have put your name in ten temples on the prayer rolls. We thought you may enjoy seeing where your name is on many pray rolls across America. Your name was put this evening on the pray rolls of the following ten LDS Temples:
1. Chicago Illinois
2. Los Angeles California
3. Manhattan New York
4. Mesa Arizona
5. Nauvoo Illinois
6. Oakland California
7. Sacramento California
8. ST. Louis Missouri
9. Seattle Washington
10. Winter Quarters Nebraska

Just think of all your brothers and sisters across our country who are praying for you and your family.

Thank you for posting this blog to keep everyone informed. You are our spirit brother and we send you our love.

Sending good positive thoughts to
you and your family,
Florence and Deborah