Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hair Loss

For most people, men at least, hair loss is a given. There are those that get to keep most of their hair and that is fine too. However, losing all of your hair, growing it all back to a point where you can actually comb it and then having to lose it all again, well, that just isn't FAIR!

LOOK - this is what I had when I woke up this morning. It all started Monday.

















































This is what I had after I talked Patti into cutting it all off.






















Better than this morning, but not what I really wanted. Some say bald is beautiful. Me? Well, I'd just as soon have what hair I have as long as I can. And no, I don't do that comb over thing!

The only positive part of all of this is that my beard falls out too and last time, I went about 6-8 weeks without having to shave. Now that isn't a bad deal and maybe even worth the loss of hair.

Monday, I start the next round of chemo at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. This is the second since restarting chemo, but it is the 4th overall. I had two infusions in March of this year, then radiation, then surgery and now chemo again. I wish it all moved faster.

God bless everyone! Thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts. We do appreciate them.

Jim

7 comments:

Jordan said...

The key to being bald is to have a nicely shaped head-which you definitely have. I hope I never go completely bald because I have a very weird looking dome. I would feel bad for the people who have to look at it on a regular basis. Thanks for the update! Oh, and nice iMac in the background. I have an old one that I love. Lots of love!

Erica said...

I love reading your blog, Bishop. You can do it! You and your wonderful wife and family are in our prayers.

-Erica (Krueger) Groneman

Anonymous said...

Jim:
I realize you have many doctors and nurses taking care of you at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Howver, if you see a nurse with a name tag of Deann Lund, you are in good hands. She is my second cousin, and her sister, who lives across the street from me, says she is really good when it comes to starting IVs. Just know that I think about you and pray that you will have a speedy recovery.
Jan

The LeMoyne Boyer Family said...

Hey Jim!

Hang in there! If anyone can pull of a bald head with class, its you!

We are pullin' for ya and remember you in our prayers every day.

Keep the faith!

Luv ya!

Melia (and Family)

DeAnn said...

Just sending you some love!!
Hair, no hair, your still you.
Love ya,
DeAnn

Dana Motika said...

Jim:

On you, bald IS beautiful! Keep your chin up, we are all pulling for you!

Dana

Anonymous said...

Jim Bald is beautiful - Roger had a Hair piece for years, now he just shaves it off. Much less work and we love it. He loved hair too but we find baldness quite popular these days. When the wind blows we just don't have to worry about it anymore. ha ha. We are still praying for you. We Love you both and hope this will be over soon for you and you can continue living and serving all you have served for so long, especially your family. We pray for a miracle for you, and know the Lord will give you strength and will carry you through this difficult time. Your faith and testimony have touched us deeply.